[Foundation-l] Mission/Vision Statement

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 20:14:20 UTC 2007

Hoi,
I do not know if you observe when people watch watch television, but
people go to the toilet when there is an advertisement break. People
tape a program and fastforward the ads. The notion that ads provide
information is vastly overrated. Advertisements are typically ignored.

There is a website of a friend.. it has Google ads. When I feel good I
hit an add knowing that it will benefit my friend. The notion that ads
create a conflict of interest is an article of faith, it is not based in
how people perceive things in real life. When you are patch is bald, and
you want a solution AND you are lazy .. that is when an add helps you to
get Miracle-Gro. When you are smart you buy it cheaply in bulk at a
local shop and not over the Internet.

Thanks,
    GerardM

TIVO is an American product .. a prove that adverts in the USA are
considered to be overly intrusive. Customers HATE ads.