[Foundation-l] Donation of DVDs to Wikimedia Foundation Projects

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 18:35:37 UTC 2007

> That's, in part, because the ones that have.drifted into the public
> domain really haven't:  The PD movies are PD because their copyright
> was not renewed, however most of them contain copyrighted plots, or
> copyrighted music which were renewed.

There are a few around that are PD due to shear age. For example I
can't see any copyright claims on A Trip to the Moon that could last
past 2008 and that assumes a couple of worst case senarios. I can't
see it not being PD in the US in any case. There are other films of a
simular age and stuff adapted from pre film systems such as
Kinetoscope and Mutoscopes

--
geni