[Foundation-l] Donation of DVDs to Wikimedia Foundation Projects

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 15:12:08 UTC 2007

That's, in part, because the ones that have.drifted into the public
domain really haven't:  The PD movies are PD because their copyright
was not renewed, however most of them contain copyrighted plots, or
copyrighted music which were renewed.

Do something really interesting and you can expect rights holders to
show up with their hands out.