[Foundation-l] Illegal IP blocking on the Dutch wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 03:22:41 UTC 2007

Walter Vermeir schreef:
> Walter van Kalken schreef:
>
>> Wanting to edit on the nl.wikipedia I found my IP blocked. All of the
>> IP's of my Thai internet provider are blocked it seems. So I cannot edit
>> nl.wikipedia!
>>
>> On nl: user RonaldB has a private project of AUTOBLOCKING all open
>> proxies. All Thai providers use open proxies. So now I am blocked and
>> cannot log in. RonaldB never got agreement on nl: for this nor is this a
>> wikimedia policy to stop all users in Thailand from editing. Still
>>
>> I AM FUCKING BLOCKED AGAIN.
>>
>> Waerth
>>

> I do not think there is any other wikipedia where it so easy to ask for
> help like on the NL Wikipedia if you have problem like this.
>
> - you can ask help on IRC
> - you can contact wikipedia NL by email private (since end of 2002!).
> Emails are mostly answerd in a couple of hours
> - you can contact the blocking admin directly by private email
> - you can use WikiNL-l
>
> That are all means of contact you know exist.
>
> Every time you get angry about anything you come and complain here on
> this off topic list regarding you local NL-problems. That is very annoying.

Hoi,
The argument is good. However, the blocking of Waerth has already
happened certainly more than five times. At some stage it is not
reasonable to ask people to be "reasonable", particularly when because
of the repetitive nature of this there is no "learning" done by the
other party, in this case the nl.wikipedia. I can appreciate that this
is very annoying the shoe is however on the other foot.
Thanks,
   GerardM