[Foundation-l] Illegal IP blocking on the Dutch wikipedia

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Tue Jan 2 23:05:24 UTC 2007

Walter van Kalken schreef:
> Wanting to edit on the nl.wikipedia I found my IP blocked. All of the
> IP's of my Thai internet provider are blocked it seems. So I cannot edit
> nl.wikipedia!
>
> On nl: user RonaldB has a private project of AUTOBLOCKING all open
> proxies. All Thai providers use open proxies. So now I am blocked and
> cannot log in. RonaldB never got agreement on nl: for this nor is this a
> wikimedia policy to stop all users in Thailand from editing. Still
>
> I AM FUCKING BLOCKED AGAIN.
>
> Waerth

I do not think there is any other wikipedia where it so easy to ask for
help like on the NL Wikipedia if you have problem like this.

- you can ask help on IRC
- you can contact wikipedia NL by email private (since end of 2002!).
Emails are mostly answerd in a couple of hours
- you can contact the blocking admin directly by private email
- you can use WikiNL-l

That are all means of contact you know exist.

Every time you get angry about anything you come and complain here on
this off topic list regarding you local NL-problems. That is very annoying.

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community