[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] mwdumper does not work

David A. Desrosiers desrod at gnu-designs.com
Wed Feb 28 03:45:34 UTC 2007

> The information you just posted to meta is wrong for Fedora Core 5.  If
> you have experience with Ubutnu and these other distros and wish
> to share it, that's great, please do not remove or revert the sections
> which apply to OS's you have not tested.  Thanks.

Have you filed these grave bugs with broken MySQL, Java and PHP packages
with the Fedora bugtracking facilities? The instructions I provided are
OS independent. I've only verified them on 5 separate boxes and 3 OS'.

If you wish, I can install FC5 and FC6 independently on separate boxes
to validate your assertions here, but I seriously expect you're going to
be wrong.

In either case, I see two possible outcomes:

        1. You're doing something wrong, and blaming the distribution
        for it

        2. There are critical bugs in core packages shipped with Fedora
        that need to be reported and fixed, ASAP.

So let's identify which one it is, and address it.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod at gnu-designs.com
Skype username: setuid
http://gnu-designs.com
”Always strive to silence the voices that oppose you."