[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] mwdumper does not work

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Tue Feb 27 20:46:06 UTC 2007

I got mwdumper to work, but IMHO it still a very broken utility.  I
worked on it for some time and discovered the voodoo sequence on Linux to
get it working.  I went ahead and was bold and updated the meta pages
with some useful advice for others who run into these problems.  As I
previously suggested, I think it would be a good idea to improve the
quality of these tools since they do not work properly with released
MediaWiki Distributions  and published XML dumps provide from Wikipedia
with A LOT of work and debugging.

I have updated meta here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Data_dumps

Jeff