[Foundation-l] a new free image!

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 14:00:56 UTC 2007

> On 2/24/07, Cormac Lawler <cormaggio at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's an good idea. I was also going to suggest, where
> > people/projects want to use *some* fair use images, might it be an
> > idea to somehow identify fair use images as such *within the article*
> > - by, say, putting a coloured border around it and having a text that
> > says "This image is not free - help us find one", and linking to a
> > template or other page as is done in this case?
> >
> > Dunno..
> >
> > Cormac
> >

> This has been suggested but has never really got anywhere. You
> couldn't quite patch it into the fromowner system because step 4 in
> the upload instructions wouldn't work. You could set up a parallel
> system. The Devs might not be too happy though.

Right - I was actually thinking of something that would be activated
(for want of a better word) when including the image within an
article. Couldn't it be a simple template that would include the image
as well as the colours/texts around the image that indicate "fair use
- not free"? True, this would mean it is up to the person including
the image to see whether the image is free or fair use - but it could
easily become standard practice.

Cormac