[Foundation-l] RfC: Draft licensing policy resolution

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:42:38 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When material is used with a "Fair Use" argumentation, the license that
this material would otherwise be available under is irrelevant. The
material could even have a commercial license. The claim of Fair Use
trumps any license restriction. When someone wants to re-publish
Wikipedia, the same claim of Fair Use should apply. This is why it has
to conform to the laws of the US and the local law(s).

It is therefore really simple. On its own ND and NC will not be
permitted. Within the limits of the law, there may be an EDP.

Thanks,
    GerardM