[Foundation-l] Restriction on page moves inpt.wikipedia.org

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Feb 19 01:10:05 UTC 2007

Daniel Nix wrote:

>Well, the decision was taken after almost three months of discutions,
>followed by a regular voting poll (the same used to choose official policies).
>
>The option that requires a 45-day-old account to move page was clearly the will of majority.
>
>If the decision is way to restrictive according to the Foundation,
>we'll have to choose the best option available.
>
>Well, that's it. Thank you in advance
>Dantadd

I personally think that 45 days is too long, but then I don't edit on
pt:wp.  So I'm not affected.  Seeking divine intervention from the
outside is dangerous because you can too easily become dependent on such
a process.  For the most part projects need to sort out their own
problems; that's the price of autonomy.

Ec