[Foundation-l] [Wikipedia-l] One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 00:00:33 UTC 2007

2007/2/18, Artur Fijałkowski <wiki.warx at gmail.com>:

> > Well, I just got an explanation for that:
> > 1. Official foundation policy is that open proxies are blocked
>
> * Why for logged in users?

Because there was only one way of blocking when the policy was created.

2. Any change from that should work and have no negative consequences
> > 3. This change does not work because people in countries with these IP
> > still
> > cannot work on WikipediaNL
> > 4. This change has the negative side effect that people can create a
> > sockpuppet and use an open IP to edit from their sock puppet, which
> makes
> > sock puppets less easy to detect.
>
> * where is 'Assume good faith' ?

I don't think we have a rule 'assume good faith' on nl:. Apart from that, I
cannot answer questions about the opinions of people I don't agree with...

Do I agree with this? No. But I'm not a sysop, so my voice don't count. And
> > if I were a sysop, probably anything I do would be considered wheel
> > warring,
> > with me voluntarily giving up sysop powers being the most likely
> outcome.
>

> * Always thought that  sysops are for helping Wikimedians not only banning
> :(

I guess that relationships are too much damaged on nl: to make that a valid
option. There's quite a few people who feel it's "us vs. them", with them
being the sysops. Or at least are of the opinion that the sysops have too
much power.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels