[Foundation-l] What is the difference between MediaWiki.org and the Meta-Wiki?

Minh Nguyen mxn at zoomtown.com
Tue Feb 13 10:50:19 UTC 2007

Virgil Ierubino wrote:
> This is obvious in many cases - MediaWiki.org has the manual... but then
> Meta has the extensions? ...or they're being moved to the former. But the
> latter also has "manual"-like elements. Where are you actually *meant* to
> document proposals? ...for new wikis on Meta, for software upgrades on
> MediaWiki, or just put it all on BugZilla? And... I'm confused.
>
> Just, what are the actual distinct purposes of the two wikis? What kind of
> information should always go on one and never the other? Thanks.

Meta is more the place to go if you'd like to help with official or
proposed Wikimedia projects; mediawiki.org is for those who'd like to
install the software for their own projects. That's how it's supposed to
be, at least.

--
Minh Nguyen <mxn at zoomtown.com>
[[en:User:Mxn]] [[vi:User:Mxn]] [[m:User:Mxn]]