[Foundation-l] precisions about the recent WMF "fair use" decision

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:10:36 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net> wrote:
> Canada (or Australia, or South Africa) would be a better option: only 50
> years p.m.a. Next India might be interesting: 60 years p.m.a.
>
> Yann

I've run across reports of India selectively filtering a few wikipedia
pages so no.

India is also has a slightly less free fair dealing system than the UK
in that it doesn't include the private study clause although I doubt
that would have any impact on us.

Australian copyright law may be kinda unstable right now there are a
couple of possible changes that would really bite.

I don't really know anything about South African law other than I
assume it is based of old British law.
--
geni