[Foundation-l] Clearing up Wikimedia's media licensing policies

teun spaans teun.spaans at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 07:28:23 UTC 2007

historically important photographs and significant modern artworks,
that we can not realistically expect to be released under a free
content license

I tend to disagree with the latter part. We might be able to secure a grant
some day for buying sets of modern art images into the public domain.
Allowing fair use will make us stop looking for ways to get these images.