[Foundation-l] Clearing up Wikimedia's media licensing policies

rfrangi at libero.it rfrangi at libero.it
Fri Feb 9 00:05:05 UTC 2007

Please take a look at:
A- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Amazingspiderman50.jpg
B- http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immagine:Spider-Man50_cover.png

Image A is tagged as "fair use" on en.wiki
Image B is basically tagged as "copyrighted, used with permission, NC-ND" on it.wiki

I daresay that most of the italian community thinks that anything different from both A and B have to go or both A and B can stay is simply unacceptable.

So if I understand correctly, we can simply add a second template stating that the image may be considered as fair use in places where this notion exist, and the "fair-use" template overrides the "used with permission NC-ND" template.

It's ok in this way?

Roberto (Snowdog)

P.S.: Strong support for Delphine. Fair use is evil.