[Foundation-l] svwikis evil twin, Metapedia

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Wed Feb 7 21:53:26 UTC 2007

David Strauss wrote:

>The famous Apple Computer v. Microsoft established that "look and feel"
>is not copyrightable.

Under U.S. Copyright law.  I don't know swedish copyright law, so I
can't say.  Besides, a user interface is copyrightable, and all that the
Apple vs. Microsoft did was establish that the particular user interface
for Windows was not a complete rip off of Apple's, with a preceedent
that if there were some functional differences that it couldn't be used
as grounds for copyright infringement.

It didn't help Apple that they had ripped off most of their interface
from Xerox, but who is splitting hairs here anyway.

--
Robert Scott Horning