[Foundation-l] Comparison of new user welcome efforts across projects

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 14:27:23 UTC 2007

Hoi,
Check out the number of users on the Persian Wikipedia and compare it with
the number of people actually editing..
Any metric is wrong; there is no one size fits all solution.
NB On wiktionary there is nothing wrong with using bots to create content.
What you do not see is the preparation that went before they actually
uploaded things.

It is not nice nor is it correct to talk down on the effort of the
Vietnamese Wiktionary crowd.

Thanks,
     GerardM