[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Welcome to the advisory group

oscar van dillen oscarvandillen at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 1 16:44:47 UTC 2007

On 1/29/07, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> To be blunt, to me is seems like a "blast from the past" while we need to
> see into a future and reach out.

couldn't help thinking of the following anecdote:

some years ago the parliament in the netherlands did tests at (dutch) high
school graduation level.
the results in dutch language were not good if i recall correctly, but
especially in the history test they were exceedingly bad. when asked about
the importance of awareness and knowledge of history in his profession, one
politician stated: "we are here for the future, not for the past"

best ;-)
oscar

--
DISCLAIMER: This message does not represent an official position of the
Wikimedia Foundation nor of its Board of Trustees.