[Foundation-l] [Wikipedia-l] Moldavian

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 06:38:51 UTC 2007

David Monniaux schreef:
> OTRS has received a request for this wiki to be taken down, stating that
> Moldovian is just Romanian written in cyrillic, in a way imposed by the
> Communists. (I'm not saying this is true, I have no opinion on the
> issue, I'm just reporting.)

Hoi,
This argument is totally irrelevant. There is no place for politics in
answering the question if a language is used and if so in which way.
What is relevant is that there are people still writing in Cyrillic.
This has been expressed before. On previous occasions we have expressed
quite strongly that political arguments have no place in deciding if a
language in one of its manifestations is used or not. This is the point
of view of the language committee.

Thanks,
    GerardM
    for the language committee