[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 01:11:03 UTC 2007

On 12/31/07, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> cheated against who? Are the projects competing with eachother, or
> working together to the same goal?

This is extremely important question. It is obvious that between a
very significant minority and majority of WM contributors are thinking
about their project in the light of national pride.

Until this incident, I was always used German WM community as a rare
positive example. However, it is very sad to see that things are
changing there, too. Of course, I may give a number of negative
examples, but it is not constructive.

WM community is not (yet?) able to remove those problems as they are a
part of much wider relations between humans. But, we may find a way
how to deal with them. (Any idea?)

But, we shouldn't lie ourselves that such things are not exist.
Actually, in a lot of examples, they are a very important why some
Wikipedia exists or why some Wikipedia is good.