[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Sat Dec 29 21:48:07 UTC 2007

On Saturday 29 December 2007 11:51, Daniel Arnold wrote:
> I simply don't want to sit in the same boat with people that think a bot
> generated article is useful. I don't want to sit in the same boat with

How about people who know that a bot generated article is useful?

One of Serbian Wikipedians works in Telecom Serbia ( http://www.telekom.yu ).
Occasionally, they have to work with a phone central in some unknown village.
So, they search for the placename on Wikipedia so that they could see where
that place is exactly and other basic info.

Yes, they could find the same information by querying the database on the
website of the Institute of Statistics of Serbia, but using Wikipedia is more
convenient for them.