[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 18:12:51 UTC 2007

Hoi,
You are so full of your own righteousness and you only find fault in others;
you do not acknowledge that you are going about it completely in the wrong
way. Your opinion is what counts and the notion that an article without a
sentence can be informative is impossible to you. You are of the opinion
that the Interwiki system is undermined by what you indicate as the Volapuk
"articles" but you provide no arguments for this opinion whatsoever; it is
an article of faith, your faith.

When you state that there are unchangeable rules, you do not indicate what
these rules might be. I know about NPOV, I know about freely licensed
content and software but it escapes me what your "unchangeable" rule might
be. In your mail you refer to an exchange with Smeira; it is completely
unclear what is said, you do not provide an argument.

Daniel, you are going about it the wrong way. You assume and it makes an ass
out of u and me. Your idea of what Wikipedia is is not shared, this is
something that you recognise, but you then create a confrontation the only
result are victims. What you should do is try to understand what the Volapuk
Wikipedia, and for that matter similar projects, aims to achieve. Their
strategy can easily be enhanced, become part of the solution and at the same
time many of the more outrageous automatically created articles are likely
to end up deleted. Get rid of this ridiculous notion of superiority we
behave like wikimedians should by engaging each other in a positive way and
fix the issues that exist.

Thanks,
    GerardM