[Foundation-l] Moderation of this list

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Dec 22 02:57:06 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 1:18 PM, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:
> I fully agree with you Andrew.
> Several years ago, I was not really supportive of putting people in
> moderation, but in the past few months, I became a little bit bolder in
> that regard. When I feel that some posters are really going too far, I
> put them in moderation. For example, I did that in the past with
> Anthony, and more recently with Geni. I think it was rather helpful.

Yes, I've been moderated in the past, and in my experience about
90-95% of my messages eventually go through the moderation.  So more
than anything else I think the way moderation is handled on these
mailing lists is pointless.

A simple message from a moderator telling someone (or everyone) to
stop posting to a particular thread, and/or a particular topic, and/or
telling someone flat out to take a few days break, would, in my
opinion, be just as effective if not more effective.