[Foundation-l] Wikipedia and Wikinews

Nathan Awrich nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:57:58 UTC 2007

The way it was phrased, it seemed like everything was automatically
archived after 10 days. A bot could do it, without taking up a
significant portion of anyone's resources. It'd need to be a +sysop
bot, however, I know on en.wiki that isn't terribly popular. If there
is an element of judgement involved in each protection (I wasn't and
still am not familiar with the criteria) then you are right, it can't
be automated.