[Foundation-l] Czech Wikipedia's EDP and WMF's licensing policy

Michal Zlatkovsky lahcimit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:29:14 UTC 2007

Not what I meant :)
There are no legal issues with our EDP. It is okay from the point of
view of the Czech law, as we have the copyright holder's permission. It
is also okay with US law, as we stick a fair use-like rationale to the
image (even though there isn't anything like fair use in the Czech
Republic). The question is, is it okay with Foundation's policy? From
pfctdayelise's (and my) understanding of it, it looks like we can't use
any EDP at all, as the concept of fair use/fair dealing is not present
in Czech law, and the image policy depends on that concept; therefore,
our current solution of having an "excuse" for the Czech law
(permission) and another one for WMF (fair use-like rationale) is
impossible... and I wonder whether that interpretation's correct :)

Thanks,
Michal Zlatkovsky [[m:User:Timichal]]