[Foundation-l] Is popularity a good thing for us?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:22:00 UTC 2007

On 16/12/2007, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> making them available offline (which are extremely important, but I
> think less important than the online versions - I'm open to being
> persuaded otherwise on that point, though).

It's a tricky one to compare. What's the effect of the SOS Children
DVD of a few thousand en:wp articles? Less readers, possibly ones that
will be more motivated to do something with what they have. (They
produced the DVD for use in their own schools in developing
countries.) How would you compare a few people motivated by the
revelation of the power of information, compared to lots who consider
a firehose of information to be normal and don't do anything in
particular with our drops of the firehose?

- d.