[Foundation-l] Is popularity a good thing for us?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 19:09:28 UTC 2007

> Please add more. Is there a case for trying to make ourselves less
> popular so we can get on with work?

IMO, no. There is no point making content if it isn't going to be
used. We talk about reuse all the time, but really, it's just regular
use which is most important. It's important that we support reuse, but
by far the best way for us to spread knowledge is simply by having
people read en.wikipedia.org (etc.). There are a lot of downsides to
this popularity, but since it's the whole point of our existence, we
just have to live with it.