[Foundation-l] Is popularity a good thing for us?

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:03:39 UTC 2007

+our goal is to spread this knowledge freely to all humanity. People
knowing of our existence is a prerequisite to them using our
knowledge.
+We get attention, and hence donations

Your point on immediatism is a problem for WP, but is the whole
purpose of WN. If more contributors were aware of the split here, and
tried to keep "breaking news" on WN, and then moved to WP after the
story has settled down and the page been locked, then there would be
less of a problem and more inter-project coordination. Breaking news
simply is not, and should not be, the purview of Wikipedia.

--Andrew Whitworth