[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel Matters

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Dec 15 07:02:22 UTC 2007

Robert Rohde wrote:
> This person was in a sensitive position.  Can the Foundation offer
> assurances that her actions in this position did not cause any material
> harm?  I have in mind problems ranging from poor accounting and
> mismanagement to ouright fraud and embezzlement.

At the present time, with the audit incomplete, of course it is not
possible to say for sure.  But I give you my personal assurance that if
there was any stolen money, I will personally donate enough money from
my own pocket to account for it down to the penny.

I feel comfortable making that promise, because I do not think there was
any material harm.  But I want people to feel comfortable about that now.

--Jimbo