[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 12:34:24 UTC 2007

Additionally, a heads up about imminent disclosure would also have
been in order given the fact that you consented to an interview with
the Register (of all publications) and presumably were aware that the
story would be published.
******
Regardless of the merits of the Carolyn Doran story, I'm quite concerned.
An interview gives the Register the appearance of respectability.

The Register recently ran two pieces that said very damaging things about me
and made no effort to check its facts with me either time.  Much of what it
alleged was inaccurate, and one of those stories got picked up in the
legitimate tech press.  The result of that attention probably harms my
career prospects.

I've put in two years, 20,000 edits, and thousands of hours of volunteer
time.  Editors who know the facts of this situation have been e-mailing me
saying they don't want to become administrators anymore.  I don't think it
helps volunteer morale for the Foundation counsel to give interviews to the
Register, especially at this time, and particularly when it surprises us
like this.

-Durova