[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel Matters

Rob Smith nobs03 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:11:24 UTC 2007

On 12/14/07, Brad Patrick <bradp.wmf at gmail.com> wrote:

> To answer whoever asked about me above:
>
> I left for the reasons stated in my [[letter of resignation]] see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BradPatrick.

Let's look at the timeline.

Essjay posts on February 2 2007 he provided all his real life information to
Jimbo Wales and Angela Beasley, and then the same information to Brad
Patrick but does not say when this occurred.

The next day February 3 Florence Devouard makes a Foundation Annoucement
that Brad Patrick would be resuming his role as General Counsel exclusively
after serving as Interim Executive Director and to now "focus on developing
the role of General Counsel, and addressing a backlog of complex legal
questions the Foundation faces moving forward."

Six weeks later Brad announces his resignation which was tendered "some
weeks ago."

So it appears the Foundation Annoucement to "address a backlog of complex
legal question the Foundation faces moving forward" were all addressed in a
period of a few weeks.