[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel Matters

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 17:46:03 UTC 2007

On 14/12/2007, Brad Patrick <bradp.wmf at gmail.com> wrote:
> To answer whoever asked about me above:
>
> I left for the reasons stated in my [[letter of resignation]] see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BradPatrick.  I'm back practicing law in a
> private firm a few miles away from the former WMF office.  I've been around
> lurking.  I have had extensive communication with the current WMF staff over
> the past 9 months.  I will miss Sue in San Francisco, as she is a great
> lunch date.
>
> What's your point?

Indeed. When you resigned you publicly announced the fact and your
reasons (yes, you waited until things were sorted out behind the
scenes before going public, but I can't see anyone complaining too
much about that). That was the right thing to do, and I thank you for
it. I wish other people would also do the right thing...