[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel Matters

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:00:31 UTC 2007

On 14/12/2007, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> Tabloids have an infinite capability of spin. the assumption that you can
> prevent them from misrepresenting "truth" is precarious, borderline insane.
> So it is a situation where you only lose anyway. Given our communities
> abilty to rub salt in wounds, we do not even need others to inflict damage.

Tabloids like scoops. If you go public yourself, they loose the
opportunity for a scoop and then don't really care.

Also, what do you mean by 'misrepresenting "truth"'? No-one has denied
any of the allegations made in the The Register article. As far as I
can tell, they were reasonably accurate in their reporting (unusual, I
know, but it seems this story doesn't need much in the way of spin).