[Foundation-l] Passed resolution (super short update)

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:14:12 UTC 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 4:24 PM, John at Darkstar <vacuum at jeb.no> wrote:
> I think everyone knows that they can. The question is wetter Wikimedia
> should "request" a change tailored to break a contract with the
> contributors.

Your insistence in stating that our request is anything negative, or
that somehow it's going to create a break in the contract, or will
result in some sort of "nightmare" situation is completely unfounded.
I would like to know why you are being so persistent in asserting that
the WMF or the FSF is doing something wrong, or illegal, or immoral,
or whatever. It simply isn't "bad" in the way you seem to think it is.

> I for one find this extremely disturbing, and then going from a less
> than optimum license to one even worse? And it ain't even april yet?

Why do you find it so disturbing? I'm thinking that perhaps you must
be a little misinformed.

--Andrew Whitworth