[Foundation-l] Wikinews - not so much a state of the wiki

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:34:06 UTC 2007

On 06/12/2007, Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org> wrote:

> Assuming Wikinews implements flagged revisions, and the entire process to
> select people with the powers is implemented by the community, would the
> Foundation still retain it's independence from the editorial process? I.e.
> we're liable, not the foundation. Mike?

Sounds right. It's conceptually no different from what you do with
admins now, is it?

> There will be information that will never leave the embargoed Wiki. For
> example, a couple of us have contact addresses for some of the habeas corpus
> lawyers working on the case before the Supreme Court, it would not be good
> for this information (their emails and private musings) to fall into public
> view.

If you want to severely restrict this sort of contact information, but
leave it "on file", it might be worth setting up some kind of OTRS
account and mailing it there - the number of people with access is
limited and managed on a case-by-case basis, and you don't have to
worry about it being lost when you wipe it from the wiki... or
available to more than the two or three people who need to read it and
summarise it for everyone else.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk