[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Dec 6 18:17:30 UTC 2007

Waerth wrote:
> One of the things I learned was that: It is considered a gross insult to
> depict the prophet Muhammed!

True enough, and to many non-Muslims the recent teddy-bear naming
incident in Sudan was way over the top, and it has taken centuries for
Christian countries to get over the point where blasphemy was considered
a serious sin.  I really don't support political correctness, Muslim or
otherwise.
> So by depicting him you are already insulting the Islam. which is just
> as heavy an insult to a Muslim as showing Blair's testicles is to some
> Brits. So these matters are exactly the same.
I'm sure that there are some people who would say that the only reason
why you couldn't show Blair's testicles is that he didn't have any. :-)

Ec