[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 20:03:02 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 11:56 AM, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:

> Exemplar images of anything is educational: the many aspects of sex,
> violence, racism, propaganda, racism, hate, &c.

...and we host exemplars of everything (short of child porn, I hope).

That we properly host exemplars in a category does not mean that we should
host further examples which are not being used in educational articles on
any of the projects.

Wikipedia is not a web hosting facility for controversial content for the
purposes of hosting anything and everything.  If it's not related to the
projects (encyclopedias, etc) then it doesn't belong here.  We may not
notice or care unless it's offensive, though.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com