[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 19:54:46 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 2:49 PM, Waerth <waerth at asianet.co.th> wrote:
> Oh boy, this pisses me off.
>
> Cartoons insulting Sharon must be removed and we are rolling over
> ourselves to get them away.
>
> But the Cartoons insulting the prophet Mohammed are allowed on our
> projects:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jyllands-Posten-pg3-article-in-Sept-30-2005-edition-of-KulturWeekend-entitled-Muhammeds-ansigt.png
>
> Somehow I smell a christian-judeo double-standard/bias here

I would say that there is a slight difference between the two. The
Mohammed cartoons don't show tony blair's exposed genitles, and don't
show Mohammed being urinated on, or being sexually assaulted with a
nightstick. Politically-sensitive cartoons are one thing, cartoons
that are designed for shock-value are different entirely.

--Andrew Whitworth