[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Dec 5 17:56:12 UTC 2007

Yoni Weiden wrote:

>Regarding double standard - I have no idea whats going on in other pages. I
>can imagine that this artist and others have infected other pages too,
>incl.
>Bush's page, and even Hitler's page. These pages should be *clean* from
>racist images that promote nothing Wikimedia stands for.

Like Wikipedia, Commons is not censored. I have an account there - albeit
only with a handful of uploads, but I *will* vote oppose on any deletion or
policy that seeks to impose political correctness on a media repository. I
*hate* censorship and do *not* believe it should be selectively applied to
people I disagree with or hold opposing beliefs to.

Brian McNeil