[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Nathan Awrich nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 16:18:17 UTC 2007

I'm not a Commons member, but am an en:wiki member of the Israel and
Judaism projects (to illustrate where I'm coming from on this issue).
I think that NPOV should be not be applied to Commons. A media storage
space (even one with verification and other processes) shouldn't have
a neutral or any other point of view. Its simply storage. If the
cartoons are actually used anywhere, then they should adhere to the
POV-related and other policies applicable to where they are used.

An issue unrelated to racism, NPOV, etc. is proper categorisation.
That is the purview of Commons, and the images probably belong in some
more specific category than images of Ariel Sharon.

~Nate