[Foundation-l] Requirements for a strong copyleft license

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 22:07:46 UTC 2007

On 02/12/2007, Benj. Mako Hill <mako at atdot.cc> wrote:

> Right. My understanding is that the resolution past by WMF is, itself,
> the request to the FSF to release a new draft of the license that allows
> WMF to migrate to the BY-SA immediately and that any conversation about
> whether the WMF will take advantage of that option to switch over will
> happen after.  Others will be able to use WMF content under BY-SA
> regardless of any future decision WMF makes.

By the way - Larry Sanger has just emailed citizendium-l to say that
this means the CZ licence will not be GFDL (which they were only
considering for Wikipedia compatibility) - that it'll be CC-by-sa or
CC-by-nc-sa. Licence decision and explanation to come soon.

[preserving truly remarkable cc: list]

- d.