[Foundation-l] Requirements for a strong copyleft license

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 19:56:38 UTC 2007

Hoi,
It is up to the copyright holder or to a particular project to decide what
licenses can be used for particular material. When multiple, incompatible
licenses are on offer to choose from, you may choose from what is on offer.
Giving the choice for a license is "political". Choices are on offer because
people want it, not because it is reasonable.

The best proof of why licenses are not necessarily reasonable can be found
in the current situation where knowledgeable people assigned a license by
contributing to a project and still insist on differences for *their
*contributions
that are contrary to the original license stipulations on this, a later
date.
Thanks,
    Gerard