[Foundation-l] What's wrong with CC-BY-SA?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Dec 2 15:20:01 UTC 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 6:35 AM, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> Wikipedia allows for the inclusion of text of material licensed under the
> GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version.

"or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation"
CC-BY-SA fails that second half.

Can the FSF transfer that guardianship of the license text to someone
else?  I don't know.  They certainly *shouldn't*.

Furthermore, this is only the case for the text.  Taking a quick look,
Gregory's images (for instance) seem to be licensed under GFDL 1.2.
Period.