[Foundation-l] What's wrong with CC-BY-SA?

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 20:17:32 UTC 2007

> But, in order to have any chance of this, we need to get a list of
> complaints.  What problems do people have with CC-BY-SA?  I'm asking
> this of everyone on the list.

A lot of problems i've heard expressed about this were actually about
other CC licenses, not CC-BY-SA. I've heard complaints about CC-BY, or
CC-Sample+, or other CC licenses. CC-BY-SA is similar enough in spirit
to the GFDL that free-content ideologues shouldn't have much of a
problem with conversion between one or the other. At least, i
certainly hope there wouldnt be too many problems.

--Andrew Whitworth