[Foundation-l] Betawiki being hosted by Wikimedia?

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:12:05 UTC 2007

Hoi,
There are permission differences. The question is what are these differences
and if they are problematic, how can we solve them. Incubator is a place
where people do things that are decidedly different from how you do things
on a normal Wiki. It serves a completely different purpose. Like in BetaWiki
it is a place where people have to show that they can be trusted to start a
new project, a new language. Consequently there is no need to think in
standard Wiki security.

There are good reasons why you want to allow the editors of an incubator
project to start on the localisation. It gives instant gratification and, it
is part of what they have to achieve to get a new language accepted.
Thanks,
     GerardM