[Foundation-l] Betawiki being hosted by Wikimedia?

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:56:27 UTC 2007

I don't like that idea at all; there is no reason to decentralise the
localisation efforts because of something as trivial as permission
differences.

The idea of merging BetaWiki and Incubator is a great one, and should
be done ASAP.

2007/9/1, Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k at gmail.com>:
> Eysteinn Gudni Gudnason wrote:
> > This has been brought up before, and I'm taking it into my own hands
> > on pushing it forward. The idea is to start hosting Betawiki on a
> > Wikimedia site. On a new project or merge it into an excisting one
> > (Incubator?). I've put up a site for discussion. Please take a look
> > at it and consider it.
> > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Betawiki_being_hosted_by_Wikimedia
> >

> I think it is a good idea for the sustainability of the  project.
>
> I'm also with making  it on a separate wiki because people's permissions
> on betawiki are different from the incubator..and also may be let the
> betawiki run all the extensions to test its translations?

Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by