[Foundation-l] Alternatives to Cafepress

Peter Halasz email at pengo.org
Fri Aug 31 07:06:55 UTC 2007

The "Wikipedia is Completely Neutral Towards Threadless competition"
doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but sure, it could work.

As for the comparison with the fundraising... Unlike the fundraiser, a
threadless competition/t-shirt wouldn't need to (and shouldn't) be
advertised as a banner to every user. Also, it would help increase
"brand loyalty" and "brand awareness" which the fundraiser doesn't do
(at least not in the same way), so the tshirt thing has its own
advantages. And the two are hardly exclusive. Increasing Wikimedia's
revenue by 5% (Delirium's generous estimate) couldn't be a bad thing.

Personally I'd just like to have a Wikipedia tshirt that I'd be
comfortable wearing around non-geeks.

Peter.