[Foundation-l] Claims of anti-government bias

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 13:20:32 UTC 2007

On 8/25/07, Any File <anysomefile at gmail.com> wrote:

> But one point he rose is rather interesting: "But I know they have
> editorial control"

This is not merely interesting, but legally significant.

> While at the beginning of Wikipedia, if I have understood correctly,
> it was thought that the errors would be correct by the next editors,
> it was later created an organized system of checking. Could it be
> considered an editorial control, or at least an "internal" control?
> And how this relate to the thought at the beginning that everybody
> should be free to write?

If there is anything about this that merits clarification by our
people, it is this. There would be serious legal repercussions
if a court of law held that there was an organ of the foundation
or some other body that held formal editorial content over
the wikipedia corpus (if you will forgive the endmootoftrollsism).

The GFDL will eternally guard that there is no possibility of
editorial usurpation in the absolute (not that I am specifically
a fan of the GFDL).