[Foundation-l] Wikimedia logos on Commons

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 04:59:42 UTC 2007

On 24/08/07, Lilewyn <lilewyn at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> If Commons can have its image propagate to other wikis, could we have a similar wiki solely for Foundation images (project logo uploads and the like) that would not be acceptable to Commons?

THAT SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE THE FUNCTION OF COMMONS.

Sorry to shout. Commons accepts these images (despite the
contradiction with our policy). WMF accepts us hosting them (despite
the contradiction with the recent Licensing Resolution). If people
want to push for any change to resolve these contradictions, it should
be to ask WMF to release a statement stating the obvious, that it is
acceptable for Commons to host non-free logos copyrighted by WMF.
*Not* create a WMFLogos-Commons, *or* have the images deleted.

regards
Brianna