[Foundation-l] [Wikinews-l] Proposal for the creation of a Wikinews foundation

Ted (Hsiang-Tai) Chien hsiangtai.chien at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 03:58:55 UTC 2007

Generally I like the idea because:

* It means we are serious about WikiNews and mean it to make it an official
news agency.
* If you are not credited by a well-known organization or an organization
people heard about, people in Asia would not believe you are really a
journalist or a reporter and will not allow you to get to the press
conference (or crime scene) for a news story.

BTW, it's not easy to found a non-profit organization in Asia (or in
Taiwan). Is it OK the proposed WikiNews Foundation to support Wikimedia
Chapters in Asia for crediting and not to found another WikiNews local
chapter?

Best regards,
--
H.T. (Ted)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Htchien

Think Different, Do Smarter, Work for Joy!!